Have you considered the importance of stone to help reduce irrigation evaporation?
As you design a new landscape or rethink a current one, the importance of sustainable landscaping continues to shape our culture. Entering the warm months of summer increases our awareness of being water-wise in a drought sensitive Southern California. You will be your customer’s hero as you offer product insight for designing with quality stone while meeting their water conservation needs. What are the benefits of planning your design to include decorative stone?
- * Low Maintenance & Durability – stone does not need yearly replenishing as mulch and bark does.
- * Weather Resistance – withstands seasonal elements.
- * Add Beautification – curb appeal and aesthetics are key components in landscape design.
- * Reduces water run-off and erosion. Aids in water drainage.
- * Limits weed growth.
When coupled with the sustainability needs for your design, it is suggested to use:
- * Drought tolerant and native plants that are regionally appropriate and address low resource consumption.
- * Proper irrigation needs for the plants.
- * Grouping plants with similar water needs.
Position the landscape stone accordingly with regard to type, size and shape around the plants to achieve the goal of reducing water run-off and evaporation. When you add value to your project with the use of decorative stone, your client will flood you with praise!
Contact us to help determine the stone needs for your customer’s project. Here are a few project highlights for inspiration, and many more can be found in our Design Gallery
Wholesale Stone Solutions exists to provide the stone and landscape retail yard community with some of the most unique pebbles and stones from around the globe. Our staff is here to help! Contact us at the information below.